ABOUT PCET– CLICK HERE FOR HOST INSTITUTION ( PCCOER)
Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering & Research (PCCOER), Ravet was established in 2014 under the aegis of Pimpri Chinchwad Education Trust (PCET).Presently the Institute offers Undergraduate (UG) Programmes in four disciplines viz. Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, E&TC Engineering and Mechanical Engineering. All the programs are “NBA Accredited” by National Board of Accreditation New Delhi from 2021-22 to 2023-24. PCCOER is an ISO9001-2015 accredited Institute, which is affiliated to Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU), Pune and is approved by A.I.C.T.E., New Delhi, Govt. of Maharashtra, D.T.E, Mumbai.
Right from its inception, PCCOER has adopted Outcome Based Education (OBE) and Student-centric approach We work on a Four-Pillar Philosophy, the four pillars of our Institute being; Academic Excellence, Research & Innovation, Professional Competence and Social Commitment. The Institute has experienced, dedicated and highly qualified (10 PhD holders and 40 pursuing PhD) faculty, state-of-art infrastructure and an environment conducive to learning, research and innovation, which has culminated into PCCOER being among top Five Institutions in SPPU results. In a very short span from its commencement, PCCOER has produced many University Rankers.
We strongly focus on research, innovation, product development, publication, patent and copyright filing, incubation and entrepreneurship. PCCOER is one of the pioneers in adopting Project Based Learning (PBL). In research, several milestones have been achieved by PCCOER within first five years itself. World Records of India has awarded PCCOER a Certificate of Recognition for filing Maximum Number of Copyright Applications in a Single day on 16th February 2018 and also for 38 Lady Faculties filing patents together on a single day on 17th December 2019. Principal, faculty members and even non-teaching staff members have thought innovatively and filed patents. Research and Intellectual Property (IP) are just second nature to PCCOER.
PCET and PCCOER have become synonyms for the best placements in last few years. Several activities like aptitude training, GD, guidance of technical persons and HR from reputed industries, communication and soft skills enhancement training, mock interview sessions etc. are conducted for the placement of students. The tremendous efforts taken by faculty and T&P cell have resulted into many quality placements and even several International placements.
Various activities are conducted for the overall students’ development in PCCOER. Several value added structured courses are conducted for technical growth of students. Honor Courses with options for Major and Minor have been introduced as per SPPU guidelines in Artificial Intelligence (AI), Internet of things (IoT), Robotics, etc. Students undergo many co-curricular and extra-curricular activities like NSS camps, Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan, social and environmental cause events, International Yoga Day Celebration, Sports, Cultural Events, Induction Programmes, Farewell Programmes, Art workshops, Quizzes, Veteran’s Visits, Celebrity Visits etc. Institute and each Department have their cultural and technical magazines, to which students contribute enthusiastically. Each Department has its own Students’ Association through which, several programmes are organized every semester. Care is taken to inculcate National pride and ethics. Every day, the academic programme begins strictly with National Anthem followed by a short Yoga session to enhance concentration.We strongly believe that ancient traditions and modern technology are the two wheels on which, the chariot of an Engineering aspirant leaps towards success!
PCCOER Highlights & Achievements
- Outcome Based Education
- Structured Project Based Learning
- University Results among Top 5 Institutions
- Been Awarded as the Most Results Oriented College
- University Rankers: 9
- Highly Experienced Faculties from IITs, IISCs, NITs
- Faculties Completed/Pursuing PhDs: more than 50%
- Industry Sponsored Laboratories
- Industry Sponsored Projects: 40+
- Books Published by Faculties: 24+
- Research &Innovationconducive environment
- Research & Innovation Lab in each Department
- 3 World Records of Patents and Copyrights filing
- Patents Filed: 250+, Copyrights Filed: 264+
- Research Articles Published: 453+
- Unique Initiative on Conference on IPR, Patents, Copyrights, Innovation & Startups (CIPCIS)
- IPR Facilitation Center
- 20+ Product Development Initiatives
- Structured Training Programme for Placements
- Placements for last 3 batches: 75% +
- International Placements: 3
- Continuous Growth in the Packages in Campus Interviews
- Incubation Center to support Start-ups
- Students pursuing higher studies abroad: 10+
- Students Qualified Public Service Examination: 4
- Internships: 400+
- Off-campus Placements
- Outreach Programme in Remote Sensing, Geo-informatics & GNSS (ISRO & IIRS)
- Outreach Programme in Computer Literacy
- Development of 5 remotely located villages through Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan